Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Ready...Set....GO!!!


Brief Intro: As you can see from the title of this blog, I am a single mother to the sweetest toddler you could ever meet. I became a single mother, shortly after graduating from undergrad with honors. Like most young people, I didn't think getting pregnant would have happened to me....especially not at a time when I was joining my sorority, and preparing for a career on Wall Sreet. I attended an HBCU,  was a 4.0 student, an active campus leader and I secured internships in Investment Banking with one of the worlds' largest banks, and with the Federal Government’s Energy Information Administration's Budget Office as a Financial Management Trainee.

 
After undergrad I started my career as a Business Credit Analyst/Underwriter for a major financial institution, moved on and entered a finance rotational development program with a large manufacturing company. Currently, I am preparing for the GMAT and hope to be done with this process by the end of the summer. I started this blog to record my journey as I pursue admission into a Top 20 MBA program. While searching the web, I found no representation of single parenthood and tackling the MBA admission cycle, so I decided to be the first, and I hope that this blog will provide guidance to other successful single mothers in pursuit of a highly ranked MBA program.


I'm looking forward to this new phase in my life and hopefully in December I will recieve some of the best news of my life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment